November 11, 2009

Just a thought...


As I have been packing my hospital bag, and getting things prepared for whenever this little one arrives, there has been a lot on my mind. Of course wondering if I can do a newborn again...sleepless nights and days, all of the feedings every 2 hours, the newborn cry-which is adorable, when it's not your own in the middle of the night, a 19 month old AND a newborn, labor-and I will say this time I want an epidural as soon as I walk in those doors, the NICU, which can be emotional, all of the sweet moments with a baby of course and the memories. But I will say the one thing I do keep thinking about is purchasing Lansinoh nursing pads- even if I decide nursing doesn't work out again. I do know whatever happens, and how it happens things will work out.I have faith, and I know heavenly father will bless us. I think all of you mothers will understand this picture!
P.S. I will be posting pictures of Dax soon and what has been going on!

4 comments:

The Terry's said...

try nursing, don't give up on it to soon! i breastfed gunner until he was 18 months and i loved every moment i had with him!

Em said...

Those are the best pads for sure and nursing is hard but so worth it in the end. It does take months before it is easy though that is for sure. Everything will work out just like it is suppose to and really now that you have been in the NICU it wouldn't be quite so scary this time. They are amazing and take such good care of those little babies. I wish I would have realized that and went home at night and slept while I could HA. Keep us updated!

Bess Family said...

Seems very true...even though I haven't experienced yet. I didn't know that you were expecting again. Congrats. Good Luck with everything and it will work out how it should :)! Thanks for your comment. It helped me to remember that everything really will be okay and I am very blessed not to have it ALL the time. Can't wait to see your new little one!

Anonymous said...

Kim,
I tried and tried to nurse my first baby but it just didn't work out. I bled and cracked and so I couldn't relax and it was a very long 6 weeks until my doctor finally told me I was still a good mom even if I didn't breastfeed! I always thought that I was being a good mom by suffering through it but when he said that to me I was able to start bottle feeding, relax, and enjoy my new little baby. It was wonderful! So, yes, breastfeeding is best BUT it is not your only option. Just do what you can and love this special time with your little ones.
Lynnette