September 19, 2009

23 Weeks along


So I decided to do a little post before I get some time to get cole to scan the ultra sound pics in. I thought I would update on baby #2. I am now past 23 weeks. This little boy is pretty busy, not as crazy as Dax was, but kicking like crazy when he is awake-usually when I am trying to go to bed. He is the most active around 1am and about 3 or 4 in the afternoon. I was put on bedrest due to low amniotic fluid. They cannot see any physical level of why it is decreasing. I am hoping it doesn't get lower and I get put in the hospital on bedrest with fluid IVs. I am wondering if it has anything to do with how my water broke early with Dax. I will be doing ultra sounds weekly to get updates so cross your fingers! I just don't know if I can make it until 36 weeks on strict bedrest! Other than the fluid the baby is growing great, now estimated at 1 1/2 pounds. If you have any great boy name ideas let me know!!!

6 comments:

Em said...

I HATE BED REST!!!!!!! I'm so sorry that is so hard I can't even imagine it with a little one running around. Hang in there... and Good Luck!

If I think of any wonderful names I'll let you know.

Em said...

Cru was born at 30 weeks I was on bed-rest from 26 on and in the hospital on bed-rest for almost two days and it SUCKED!!!!! I read lots of books watched full series of TV shows did some crafts for the baby room and just tried to stay sane. Luckily I had lots of family and at least someone would try to come visit me during the day. I am so sorry I wish there was something I could do. Do what they say though it is worth it in the end!

Good Luck!

The Allen Family said...

Oh kim, I am so sorry! I hated bed rest. I was only on bed rest for two weeks though then my water decided to break one night. Get some good tv series like Em said. I watched all four seasons of Grey's Anatomy when I was on bed rest! Its gotta be way harder with Dax though. I can't imagine! I hope you can hang in there. The NICU is such a hard place to be. Hang in there!

Becky said...

Hey Kim, I hope the time on bed rest passes quickly for you. I can't imagine how hard that is with Dax being a healthy active little boy! Hope you have lots of support, and that everything goes well with baby #2. What names are you considering?

The Little Miss said...

I never had to be in bed rest but I hated being preg. Wasnt fun....hope you feel better!
Im having a giveaway if you want to check it out here at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com

xoxo
Priscila

Doug Kaeli & Paisley said...

Kim.....Unlike all the other readers I have not been on bed rest. I haven't even had a child yet....
I'm so sorry that you are on bed rest and i'm also sorry that i haven't visited you yet. I will try to come see you soon. I hope all is well and I'll tell you a cute baby name in person when I see you so no one steels it. :) Hahahaha! Love you and hang in there!